Digital Art. From a Beginner's Perspective.

Friday, September 27, 2019

I Tried Creating a LOGO For My Blog (And Went Insane)

Hello, lovelies! I almost thought I had given up on this blog. Reason: My baby dog had a surgery and I ended up bawling all day for 3 days. It was the saddest moment of my life.

He's okay now, so I decided to get back to business - which is to become a professional graphic designer... or illustrator or... whatever I end up becoming towards the end. Who knows, I might surprise myself by becoming a sand artist instead. Nah, I'm kidding. They aren't even related. :P

I'm just tryin' to enjoy the process whatever the end result might be. And, most of all, I'm just tryin' to stick to the rhythm of doing at least one project every week!

Comment below if you think it's important to pursue our full potential or as this quote goes:

"I once heard the definition of hell: On the last day on earth, the person you became will meet the person you could have become" - anonymous

That's powerful, isn't it? With this thought for you to ponder about, let me show you what's been cookin' in my adobe illustrator!


---


I wanted to create a logo for this blog. So I dived right into my illustrator thinkin' -

'Ha! This won't take much time at all!' 
'Logos are easy peasy lemon squeezy!' 
'I'm fairly good at drawing, so this must be right up my alley!'

Well, I was wrong.

By the time I finished my half-baked logos, an entire day had passed. And I became aware of the fact of just how difficult creating logos can be!!!


---  


I started with an eye. (tutorial link)












Then, I created some candies. (candy tutorial link , spiral tutorial link)













Then, I looked for inspiration in logopond.com. I then tried to think of something to incorporate the 'blue' part of my blog's name into my logo but ended up with a blue circle and a square. (I guess you could call that a creative fart? *hehehe*)









Then I created a circular text. (tutorial link)













So far, the components of my logo consisted of  an eye, two candies, a blue circle & a square, and a circular text. These were simple shapes and I had to come up with something interesting and unique so that, when I brought them together, the end result didn't end up looking like a kid's drawing. (Later I gave up on that and...let the logo be whatever it wanted to be.)

Logos are supposed to be the heart of a brand (I learned that I think - if my memory serves me right), so I really wanted it to look fancy and good and striking!

But then...

This happened.



I almost felt betrayed by my right brain.

That's why it's important, people, to not have really high expectations when you are starting out so that you don't end up giving up when things go south!

It's always easy to have a mindset where you prepare ahead of time for the worst-case scenario. (This advice is for me. And for my future logo endeavours.)


---


Disappointed with my first attempt, I started again with a blank sheet in illustrator and went through a couple more of youtube tutorials.

Aaaand...

Here they are. I couldn't even differentiate the good from the bad at this point. I had gone completely bonkers and was just clicking, dragging, moving, merging stuff, applying effects...


















I finally settled on the one you see above. (blue crystal tutorial)

It was an insane ride, but I learned a lot in the 8 hours that I spent doing these 'logos.' It isn't perfect and I wish it were better, but I'm in this for the long haul...so, imma keep goin'

Have a good day ya'll! ^_^

And thanks for reading.

Byeee!!!!!!



---

digging this song called 'natural disaster' after my logo flop :)


____________________________________________________________

If you missed my previous posts, click on these links for quick access!

'Photoshopping' my Dogs
Looking Back: My First Ever Photoshop Drawing
Event Posters Using Photoshop
Hello there!

____________________________________________________________


1 comment:

  1. Adobe illustrator is the best platform to create a logo. Compare to photoshop I use to work in illustrator.Very interesting and it caught my attention. I do want to create a meaningful logo. Bookmarking your article which will probably be my guide. Thank you very much.
    Cloudi5(Web Design Company in Coimbatore)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Anusuya is passionate about doing work that is meaningful. An engineering graduate based in South India, Anusuya has donned many hats since she left her corporate job to pursue her passion for working in the creative industry. From content writing to teaching English online, from learning the art of baking to learning digital illustration, she has done it all! When she isn't working, she can be seen pampering her pooches in her suburban home.

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews:

Social Media:

Twitter Facebook LinkedIn Email

Followers:

Copyright © Blue Eye Candy | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com