Digital Art. From a Beginner's Perspective.

Saturday, December 7, 2019

I Made A Christmas Card in Adobe InDesign

Since Christmas is just around the corner I thought - why not make a Christmas Card!

This is only the second time that I've ever used Adobe Indesign. When I came across Adobe Indesign, I imagined it to be a complicated version of Microsoft Word.

So I avoided it like the plague.

Until now that is.

I never imagined I would finish the card in two days! I'm warming up to Indesign, and I think I'll be using a lot of it in the near future.

Indesign is used for making business cards, greeting cards, pamphlets, and books and....that's about it correct? (Let me know if there're more uses of Indesign!)

___


So this is just me testing the waters of Indesign - and, of course, how comfortable I am with it, by starting out with a lovely Christmas Card for ya'll!! :)



For anybody curious about the original card, you can find it in the tutorial page >>> How To Create A Festive Greeting Card in Adobe Indesign

The original card created by the author of the tutorial Grace Fussell had elements that needed to be purchased. I couldn't, so I substituted them with whatever free vectors I could find on Vecteezy.com's website.

It worked out pretty well I think.

I couldn't have done it any better. The card is simple yet looks colorful. Those were the key elements that attracted me to this tutorial.

Here is the front, back, and the insides!




Not bad huh... :P

Should I get it printed?

Who wants one? Let me know in the comments below!

And advanced Christmas and New Year wishes to ya'll! :) <3



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Anusuya is passionate about doing work that is meaningful. An engineering graduate based in South India, Anusuya has donned many hats since she left her corporate job to pursue her passion for working in the creative industry. From content writing to teaching English online, from learning the art of baking to learning digital illustration, she has done it all! When she isn't working, she can be seen pampering her pooches in her suburban home.

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews:

Social Media:

Twitter Facebook LinkedIn Email

Followers:

Copyright © Blue Eye Candy | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com